Friday 24 July 2009

a helluva lot more than seven things,

I shouldn't even be thinking about you anymore. Truth be told I don't care like I used to and I know that, but there's part of me that still clings onto my love for you. I was right in thinking that you and her wouldn't last long, and I don't know what to think, but I think she did the right thing for her sake but you can't blame me for thinking that.

You're my best friend, ex-lover and you'll stay that way forever. I'll always love you, just not like I love him. You were only around for a short while compared to the amount of time I shall probably live, so why did and do I still care so much? Why won't that small part of me just let you go? I don't know, and I don't think I ever will. You never did realise just how much you meant to me. You never did realise that I would get so frustrated with your lack of effort sometimes, and sure you had friends to see sometimes too, but being a typical girl I didn't think they mattered as much as me. That time you asked me what I was doing later that night during lunchtime – I was secretly overjoyed that you were showing more effort than usual.

Songs still remind me of you, I'm starting think I'm crazy. I want to let go, but I simply can't, not yet – maybe one day but until then I'm stuck with trying to shove those thoughts of how I miss you, how I wish you hadn't fucked everything up, how I wish that it was possible to rewind time and take things back, how I wish that it was easier to talk to you face to face, how I wish I could still look into your eyes and not feel a single thing except happiness but now there's just hurt when I look at you, a small pang at my heartstrings. You say you'd take it back if you could, do you really mean that? You never did really tell me just how much you cared, not properly.

You're the only one I can turn to no matter what at this moment in time, things might change, but then again maybe not. I don't care what you think of me, I think that's why I can tell you anything, I can tell you every little mistake I make and know that in between your stupid, childish, meaningless little comments that you'll make me smile and forget my troubles – I think that's why I loved you so much, though it was a little annoying sometimes.


 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


 

I probably shouldn't say this but at times I get so scared, when I think about the previous relationship we shared.
It was awesome but we lost it, it's not possible for me not to care.
And now we're standing in the rain but nothing's ever gonna change, until you hear, my dear.

The 7 things I hate about you, the 7 things I hate about you, oh you.
You're vain, your games, you're insecure. You love me, you like her.
You make me laugh, you make me cry, I don't know which side to buy.
Your friends, they're jerks and when you act like them, just know it hurts.
I wanna be with the one I know and the 7th thing I hate the most that you do;
You make me love you.

It's awkward and silent as I wait for you to say what I need to hear now; your sincere apology.
When you mean it, I'll believe it. If you text it, I'll delete it. Let's be clear - oh, I'm not coming back, you're taking 7 steps here.

The 7 things I hate about you;
You're vain, your games, you're insecure. You love me, you like her.
You make me laugh, you make me cry, I don't know which side to buy.
Your friends, they're jerks and when you act like them, just know it hurts
I wanna be with the one I know and the 7th thing I hate the most that you do;
You make me love you.

And compared to all the great things that would take too long to write I probably should mention the 7 that I like.
The 7 things I like about you; Your hair, your eyes, your old Levi's and when we kiss I'm hypnotized.
You make me laugh, you make me cry but I guess that's both I'll have to buy. Your hands in mine, when we're intertwined, everything's alright.
I wanna be with the one I know and the 7th thing I like most that you do;
You make me love you, you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment